In my opinion, lotions and salves are one of the most important items in your eczema or psoriasis arsenal. Lotion recipes, like my go-to salve and whipped lotion, usually have a long list of ingredients and take time to make. The results you get are totally worth it, but you don't always have the time or materials to make it. With time and research, I've created a no-fail simple 5-ingredient lotion that takes less than an hour to make!
Supplies you will need:
- Small crock or double boiler. TIP: If you don't have a double boiler you can make one by filling a saucepan with water and putting a heat-safe bowl on top.
- Wooden or silicon spoon
- Handmixer or standmixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Containers to hold your whipped lotion
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 cup of raw shea butter
- 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup base oil of your choice. Grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, and almond oil are some great options.
- 2 droppers, or two tablespoons of vitamin E oil
- 5-15 drops essential oils. I used 5 drops of manuka oil and 10 drops orange oil.
- First, gather your supplies and ingredients.
- Turn on your crock or double boiler to low-medium heat.
- Measure and add your shea butter, cocoa butter, oil, and vitamin E oil.
- Heat and stir this mixture until it is completely melted and mixed.
- Turn off the heat. Once it cools down enough to handle, put your bowl or crock into the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Once your mixture has semi solidified and is soft, you don't want it to be completely hardened for this step, whip it until it is thick and creamy.
- Scoop your whipped lotion into your containers of choice. This recipe fills three 8oz containers.
This is a great not-oily everyday lotion with a smooth creamy texture.
Please let me know if this whipped lotion helps you! Feel free to ask me any questions you have about healing eczema and psoriasis naturally.